【Podcast】 1月主題– 2021 New Year’s Resolution. 用英文說出你對 2021新年新希望的感受.
Welcome to lingotogether, let’s review together!
Lingotogether是一個完全免費的線上語言練習平台,
趕快一起來把你學到的知識運用出來!
用了,才是你的。
聆果英文聽力站- Lingotogether listening station.
EP.6 重點整理逐字稿:
2021 10 crucial vocabularies 2021 10個重要的單字
Mood 2021我們的心情
- grateful (a.) 感激的 感謝的
I’m really grateful for the opportunity.
我真的很感激能夠有這個機會。
I’m really grateful for the opportunity to…
我真的很感激能夠有這個機會來…
What were you grateful for in 2020?
2020年你感激的事是甚麼?
I’m grateful to 人
I’m grateful for 事情
I would be grateful if ….
Q: What were you grateful for in 2020?
2020年你感激的事是甚麼?
- exhilarating (a.) 興奮的;高興的 (making you feel very excited and happy)
It was scary, but in a weird way. It was also kind of exhilarating.
有點可怕但是又有點奇怪的感覺. 同時也有點興奮刺激。
Make 2021 an Exhilarating Year: Resolution to Create Happiness
來讓2021年成為一個很刺激興奮的一年: 創造喜悅的新希望
Q: Do you think 2021 will be an exhilarating year?
你覺得2021年會是一個很令人興奮的一年嗎?
- Introspective (a.) 反省的;反思的. (If you take to your diary after an unhappy break-up, you are being introspective.)
Introspect (v.)
Introspection (n.)
The year 2020 has been a year of disruption, introspective and new beginnings.
2020年是一個分崩離析, 充滿著自省和新開端的一年。
An introspective look back at 2020.
從自省的角度來回顧2020.
I’m like way too introspective, I think.
我覺得我有點容易反省我自己了。
Q: If we look back at 2020 in an introspective way, how’s your feeling about 2020?
如果我們從一個反省的角度來回顧2020年 你對2020年的想法是甚麼?
Actions 2021你應該要採取的行動
- elevate (v.) 提升;進步
I gave her the opportunity to elevate herself.
我給了她機會來提升她自己。
11 Affordable Items That Will Instantly Elevate Your Outfits in 2021.
2021年11個負擔得起的單品可以立即提升你的打扮。
Q: What skills do you want to elevate in 2021?
2021年你想提升的能力有哪些?
- contemplate (v.) 沉思;思考
Take three breaths, then contemplate.
先深呼吸三次再來思考。
Some 2021 resolutions to contemplate.
一些2021年可以思考的新希望。
Q: What are the resolutions you have contemplated for 2021?
2021年有哪些新希望是你有思考過的?
strive (v.) 努力;奮鬥
So I strive to make them better.
所以我盡力去讓他們變得更好。
You should always strive for everything that you want.
你應該永遠為你想要的一切而努力。
UN Secretary General says countries should strive to make 2021 year of healing.
聯合國的秘書長:各個國家應致力於讓2021年是一個癒合的一年。
Q: What kind of year should we strive for 2021 to become?
我們應該致力於讓2021年變成一個什麼樣的一年?
Expectation 2021你應該要對自己下定決心
- resolution (n.)決心;決定
Avoid These Vague Financial Resolutions in 2021.
2021年要避免這些不清楚的理財決定。
New Year’s resolution… drink less.
新年的希望是… 喝少一點。
My resolution is to be less obsessed with being neat and clean.
我的新希望是不再潔癖。
Q: What’s your New Year’s resolution?
你的新年新希望是什麼?
- passion (n.) 熱情
10 must-read books on careers to pursue your passion in 2021.
10本2021必讀的在職涯裡追求你人生的熱情的書
Passion? Who has time to pursue a passion?
熱情?誰有時間去追尋熱情?
Q: What is your passion?
你對什麼事情是有熱情的?
- goal (n.) 目標
But we’re giving them practice becoming independent, which of course is our ultimate goal.
但我們需要讓她們有學習獨立的空間,
這應該是我們的最終目標。
How to set goals for 2021 when everything feels uncertain.
當一切都變得很不穩定的時候你應該要怎麼為2021年設目標。
Q: What’s your ultimate goal for 2021?
2021年你的最終目標是什麼?
- year-end bonus (n.) 年終獎金
Has Covid Scotched Your Year-End Bonus?
新冠病毒制止了你的年終獎金嗎?
Only 56% of Taiwanese expect to receive year-end bonus.
只有56%的台灣人期望可以領到年終獎金。
Q: Does COVID affect our year-end bonus?
疫情有影響了我們的年終獎金嗎?
補充: scotch (v.) 制止;取消
2021 3 useful phrases. 2021 3個實用的片語
- take up- to start doing a particular job or activity. 開始做某種活動或工作
I decided to take up yoga this year.
我決定今年開始做瑜伽。
Bruno, I do wish you’d take up painting.
布魯諾 我真的希望你能夠開始學習畫畫。
cut down – to do or use less of something. 開始少做… ;減少做…
I must cut down on sugar this year.
我今年一定要戒掉糖。
you’ll cut down on the drinking.
你會開始少喝一點。
brush up – to improve your knowledge of something already learned but partly forgotten.
=更精進…
I ought to brush up on my Japanese this year.
我今天要更精進我的日文。
You really need to brush up on your Spanish. There’s over 500 useful phrases.
你真的應該要加強一下你的西班牙文。
這本有超過五百句好用的句子。